Lazada has always been my favourite online shopping portal. Not only does it offer a wide range of merchandizes at reasonable prizes, its prompt delivery also wins my patronage.

However, I recently had a really unpleasant experience dealing with Lazada customer service. On 4th September 2017, I purchased a Xiaomi Tripod Bluetooth Self-timer Handheld Monopod Stick (Order #338989315) and the original estimated arrival time (ETA) stated was from 14th to 30th September, a considerably longer delivery time as it was shipped overseas. I thought the ETA was reasonable and placed my order. After 30th September, I still didn’t receive my product.

Neither did I receive any notification about a change of ETA. That was the time when my nightmarish experience with Lazada began. I chatted with the customer service online numerous times. During my first encounter with the polite Lazada customer service assistant online, I realized that the ETA in my lazada account was quietly changed to “6 - Sat, 21 Oct 2017”.

The worst part was the assistant told me that Lazada would never alter the ETA without notifying the customers. Imagine my frustration as Lazada implied that I tampered with the ETA. Fortunately, I grabbed a screenshot of the original ETA and attached it to Lazada. The assistant politely apologized, gave me a reference number “Case 00691371” and agreed to furnish me with a satisfactory explanation within 1 to 2 working days.

1 week has passed and the promised email never reached my mail box. Neither was my product. I chatted online again with the second, and the third Lazada assistant after that and I still received the same canned response and an empty promise that Lazada would entertain my request. Some time has passed again and nothing occurred- no notification, no product and no refund!

I would like to ask Lazada openly a few questions: Why doesn’t Lazada customer service know that the ETA can be changed without any notification to the customer? And if there is a so-called glitch, whose fault is that and how does Lazada intend to rectify it without affecting its customer? Why does Lazada promise to entertain its customer’s request but never intend to honour it? Where are the promised explanations and notifications?

When there is a delay, how will Lazada uphold its professionalism and provide its customer with other alternative such as refund?

How does Lazada intend to gain its reputation as a trustworthy online shopping portal when it simply changes the ETA without notifying the customer, doesn’t provide any explanation and doesn’t entertain its customer’s request? Unsatisfied patron

Review about: Delivery Service.

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

Comments

LazadaMY

We are sorry for our agent attitude on handling your issue. As we checked on this case, the issue have been resolved at our agent end.

However, we would like to ask you either you are satisfied with the resolution provided or still wish for us to contact you further to assist you even further. Melissa