83 views
Verified Reviewer

Original review updated by user Nov 24, 2020

I wanted to buy a handphone which cost more than RM3K, so I topped up my Lazada wallet up to nearly RM2969. However, I only found out later that the maximum payment value of Lazada Wallet is RM2999.

The point is: I only found this out after I topped up my Lazada wallet!

I ended up paying using my debit card. Since I have quite a large amount of money in Lazada Wallet pending which I can't use to pay for my bills, loan and so on, I therefore filled up the Lazada Wallet deposit withdrawal request form online. Disappointingly, they emailed me back to say my withdrawal request is unsuccessful, reason being that the amount in my Lazada Wallet is zero. I then realized I accidentally registered two accounts.

The one with zero amount was the one they replied to me (Account A). I then emailed them back with captured screenshots of the amount of RM2969 in my Lazada Wallet in my account B, giving them my handphone number and my emails and urging them to have a thorough investigation since two accounts belong to me.

To my surprise, 20 minutes later they replied to say it is now a closed case, and the reason given is the same: there is zero amount in my Lazada Wallet.

The next step I took, I filed another Lazada Wallet Deposit request again using my Account B info, shockingly Lazada changed their rules to: Currently, refund from Cash on Delivery order can be withdrawn from the Lazada Wallet. The online withdrawal form has been cancelled!

My questions are:

1. Why does Lazada change its rules all of a sudden?

Why isn't there a reminder of maximum payment value when I topped up the Lazada Wallet?

3. Why isn't there any functional phone line for customers? The Customer Care line provided online is not in service!

It is very frustrating and disappointing that Lazada Customer Care did not reach out to me to understand my situation and closed the case abruptly. There isn't a person's name appear in the email.

It is all auto-generated reply.

I am now in the process of filing my complaints to The National Consumer Complaints Centre. I hope everyone who face the same dilemma will do the same so that we can protect our consumer's rights together.

User's recommendation: In terms of flexibility, Shopee Pay is better than Lazada Wallet as you can transfer the amount in your Shopee Pay to your bank account.

Preferred solution: Lazada Wallet Deposit Withdrawal..

Lazada Malaysia Cons: Dishonest no responsibility no transparent, Cannot complain to a humar customer service agent, No human interaction.

Comments